Hobatere Lodge is located 80 km north of Kamanjab on the western border of the Etosha National park, and is situated in a concession area of 32 000 ha which is home to a wide selection of game.
Accommodation available at Hobatere Lodge:
12 double Rooms, S/WC
1 Tree house, S/WC
1 Tour guide hut, S/WC
The name Hobatere means, "find me" and once you do, you will be pleasantly
surprised by the warm welcome and personalized service. Excellent bush cuisine
is served on the veranda as well as "braais" at the boma. The Lodge offers a
well stocked bar with a comprehensive wine list, a small curio shop, as well as
a comfortable lounge with a small library.
Hobatere Lodge has 12 Bungalows with en-suite facilities. The main building consists of a reading room, a bar and a restaurant where excellent bush cuisine is served. Steve Brain, your host, conducts ornithological trips to bird watching spots throughout Namibia. Activities at Hobatere include swimming in a pool, day and night game drives, a hide over looking a waterhole and guided walks.
For the more adventurous, there is a tree house situated in a dry riverbed overlooking a waterhole. A tented camp as well as a campsite is situated approximately 45 minutes' drive away from the Lodge.
Please see map
Please note that a group
consisting of 5 and more guests staying at Hobatere Lodge, qualify for one
activity per person per day free of charge. This free activity is only the
game drive and no other activities. Please note that ALL night drives and guided walks will have to be paid extra.
Rates per person per night: on request
Dinner, bed and breakfast
Tree House, 2 adults only, no children, closed 01 November - 30 April, dinner, bed and breakfast
Activities rates per person: on request
|Game drive afternoon||-|
Rates per night for camping: on request
• Children under 7 years of age are Free of Charge
• This rate does not include meals or activities
• There are 6 sites – each with one flush toilet, one basin, one braai area and a tap
• No power points
• For all 6 sites there are communal hot showers – 3 for ladies and 3 for men
• Each site can accommodate 8 campers, but there is no electricity at the campsites
• For all 6 sites there is a central washing up area, but Self-catering, tents and bedding must be provided
• There is also an additional campsite for groups that can accommodate 8 tents
• The group campsite has 3 separate flushed toilets and 3 separate hot showers
• There is a waterhole where animals can be observed
• There is one camp attendance to collect money and issue receipts because the campsite is not situated at the Lodge, but about 45 minutes drive away from it
• The campsite turn off is approximately 100m from the Otjovasando turn off on the western side of the road and 1,5 km off the main road
• Please note that campers do not have to report to the Lodge
• Any activities or meals must be booked prior to arrival and are subject to availability
Please note that ALL night drives and guided walks will have to be paid extra.
CHILDREN POLICY FOR ALL ACCOMMODATION & CAMPING: CHILDREN OF ALL AGES PAY THE SAME RATES.
Contact & reservations:
1) you can e-mail us requesting information and/or rates
Reservations are only accepted in writing: by fax or via e-mail.
Final availability confirmation: in writing: by fax or via e-mail.
Terms & conditions, Payment options and Cancellation policy
Accommodation in the area:
Activities in the area:
Page created and serviced by
Copyright © 1998-2018 NamibWeb.com - The online guide to Namibia
All rights reserved | Pond5 | VIDEO LIBRARY
Page is sponsored by ETS & www.namibweb.com
Disclaimer: no matter how often this page is updated and its accuracy is checked www.namibweb.com and ETS will not be held responsible for any change in opinion, information, facilities, services, conditions, etc. offered by establishment/operator/service/information provider or any third party
Images and description: Copyright © Exclusive Reservations