"Oppiklippe" (Afrikaans for on the
rocks) is the name of the venture to combine some tourist accommodation with
a wildlife farm - named 'Petersburg' after the Russian city by the original
German settlers. This presents an opportunity for tourists to come in
contact with a Namibian farm and its people. Petersburg forms part of the
Etosha Conservancy and is mainly used for farming with eland.
Oppiklippe is situated near town Outjo, the "Gateway to Etosha".
* affordable rates for overnight stay
* go for a walk on the rocks of our "Outjo terraces" and soak up the dry sun burnt Namibian scenery up to the far off Paresis mountains
* view the wildlife while on your hiking trail, or back at the cabin - birds or a shy Damara Dik-Dik, kudu or eland drinking
* sit around a fire or just in the shade of the cabin after the walk, enjoying your drinks and food, in complete solitude, enjoying the silence of the infinite space around you, especially at night
* view the unbelievable bright expanse of stars at night
* collect free firewood
Rhenish mission station ruins at Waterberg:
Thatched roof house
* Luxurious fully equipped thatched roof house.
* Two double bedrooms sharing a shower and toilet.
* Top room with beautiful view - two single beds and two sleeping coaches.
* Outside shower and toilet among rocks.
* Open plan kitchen and living room with fire place.
* Big veranda with beautiful view over Paresis mountains.
* Solar power for the lights
* Equipped with gas stove, freezer, linen, towls and the necessary utensils for self-catering.
* Overnight cabin with walls made of double hardboard sheets (not asbestos cement sheets) - accommodates only one group consisting of 1 to 8 persons
* Bedroom (5.5 m X 2.6 m) with double bed, single bed and double stack bed
* Living room with double stack bed and single bed, including a separate kitchenette, 4.1 m x 5.5 m
* Self-catering with the necessary utensils - equipped with gas stove, freezer, linen and towels. Separate hot water shower and toilet among rocks
* Only 12V lights
* Isolated camp sites
* Choice of camp sites, shady spots or magnificent view from terraces
* Braai area
Especially kudu, eland, famous Damara Dik-Dik and bird watching. If you are lucky you might see a turtle.
Hiking among rocks and along the Outjo terrace ridge for views of the Namibian scenery south of Outjo, while watching wildlife encountered on the way.
Rates per room per night, accommodation only: on request
Thatched roof house: 10 persons: 2 double beds, 4 single beds and 2 sleeper couches
|Cabin: 6 persons: 1 double bed, 4 single beds. Fully equipped: gas stove, fridge, crockery & cutlery.||-|
Contact & reservations:
1) you can e-mail us requesting information and/or rates
Reservations are only accepted in writing: by fax or via e-mail.
Final availability confirmation: in writing: by fax or via e-mail.
Terms & conditions, Payment options and Cancellation policy
|Related||Maps||Accommodation in the area||Activities in the area|
|Hotels||Pensions||B&Bs||Lodges||Camping & others|
|Etosha National Park||General map||Etosha Garten Hotel||-||Tandala Ridge||Etotongwe Lodge||Camp Setenghi||Game drives|
|Grootfontein||Etosha||Mondjila Safari Camp||-||-||Andersson's Camp||Buschberg Guest Farm||Desert Express|
|Photo galleries||Regions||-||-||-||Bambatsi Holiday Ranch||Buschfeld Park Resort||Night & game drives|
|First railway lines in Namibia||Oppiklippe||-||-||-||Epacha Game Lodge and Spa||Vreugde Guest Farm||-|
|Otjiwarongo||Mondjila||-||-||-||Epacha Eagle Tented Lodge||Vingerklip Lodge||-|
|Desert Express||-||-||-||-||Royal Impala Lodge||Gabus Game Ranch||-|
|Resorts in National parks||-||-||-||-||Taleni Etosha Village||Holstein Guest Farm||-|
|Tsumeb||-||-||-||-||Toshari Lodge||Namatubis Guest Farm||-|
|Locomotive monument||-||-||-||-||Ongava Lodge & Tented Camp||Harnas Etosha||-|
|-||-||-||-||-||Etosha Safari Camp||Ombinda Country Lodge||-|
Page created and serviced by
Copyright © 1998-2019 NamibWeb.com - The online guide to Namibia
All rights reserved | Pond5 | VIDEO LIBRARY
Page is sponsored by ETS & www.namibweb.com
Disclaimer: no matter how often this page is updated and its accuracy is checked www.namibweb.com and ETS will not be held responsible for any change in opinion, information, facilities, services, conditions, etc. offered by establishment/operator/service/information provider or any third party
Description & pictures: Copyright © Oppiklippe