Nguni Zambezi Voyager Luxury Safari Boat Namibia
Nguni Voyager is a
luxuriously appointed river voyager comprising 5 spacious en-suite cabins,
(shower, basin, and toilet), all with their own private tender boat and guide.
Accommodation is located on the bottom deck.
Middle deck consists of 2 private lounges with a small reference library, communal dining area, open galley (kitchen), Captains Bridge, viewing deck and relaxing Jacuzzi with seating area alongside.
Top deck or the viewing deck has seating area to leisurely sip sundowners, catch up on some supreme birding, or stretch out in the sun on one of the sun loungers. In the evenings this top viewing deck becomes prime position to familiarise ones self with the African stars.
Nguni's activity base
offers the following:
* Water based game viewing from the main vessel and private tenders while moored in Chobe National Park. Sightings of 2 of the big 5 are almost guaranteed on a daily basis in the form of Elephant and Buffalo while Cats are often spotted leisurely lapping up water or just taking a stroll on the waters edge. Not being restricted to having to leave the park after sunset to head back to a lodge, Nguni's clients are afforded the opportunity to allow Africa to lull them to sleep with her lullaby while on the waters of Chobe.
* Birding: Nguni's area of operation boasts home to over 500 species of birds found in the following varied habitats: the floodplains (water birds), woodlands savannah, riverine forest & mopani woodlands. Birding is conducted either directly off the main vessel, or by small tender boats or by foot on the surrounding floodplains and woodland/forest areas.
* Cultural village visits: Nguni has formed warm relationships with many of the Namibian villages who are welcoming to all clients. On a typical village visit clients are shown around and introduced to the various village life elements by one of the headmen and are encouraged to ask any questions they may have. After the tour through the village, the locals then put on a small dance and encourage the guests to join them. Small beaded necklaces and other curios are for sale afterwards. A truly warm Caprivian village experience.
* Fishing: Nguni operates on the Chobe & the Upper Zambezi rivers which are not only well know for their prolific game & birding experience, but also house a couple of surprises beneath the waters surface in the form of Tiger fish, Bream & Barbel. Nguni’s captain is a professional fly fisherman and all of our guides are local experts on how to land the big one. Nguni's prime fly fishing season opens in May and continues on through until August. During this season the river has dropped after its flood and the fish are hungry. Any fly fisherman's dream. During the months of November through to February fishing methods range from spinning, trolling and fly fishing for the more experienced fisherman.
* Sundowners: After a day out on the river, clients can either return to toast Africa on the viewing deck, accompanied by some sumptuous snacks prepared by our onboard Chef's, or head out onto a private tender boat with their guide and snap up some African sunset shots while drifting leisurely along the water.
Nguni is located and moves between the rivers of the Chobe & the Upper Zambezi within North Eastern Botswana (Caprivi Strip). The collection point by tender boat is from Kasane Immigration where clients check out of Botswana and are then taken to Impalila Island where they check into Namibia for the duration of their stay on board Nguni.
Access & attractions
There are daily incoming and outgoing flights from Johannesburg (South Africa) to either Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe), Livingstone (Zambia) or Kasane (Botswana). For direct, private and commercial charters, hosts suggest flying into Kasane Airport.
Organised road transfers from these points can be arranged to take you to the companies representative where you will begin your beautiful river voyage to Nguni.
Immigration formalities are taken care of, by the transfer representatives.
Nguni pays special attention to the culinary delights served. A professional chef has developed the menus and they change as the seasons do.
Rates per person per night: on request
§ Accommodation in a double or twin room
§ All meals daily
§ Tea & Coffee
§ Non-alcoholic beverages, local beers and house wine
§ Guided activities
+ Water Based Game Viewing
+ Cultural Visits
+ Bird Cruises & Walks
+ Floodplain walks
+ Sunset Cruises
+ Fly fishing
+ Conventional fishing
+ Photographic Safari
§ Fishing, 20 litres fuel per person per day
§ Fishing Licenses
§ Namibian Tourism Levy
§ River transfers to and from the houseboat
§ Namibian vat 15%
§ Curio purchases
§ Road & air transfers
§ Imported beers, spirits & wines
§ Lost fishing tackle
§ Game drives by vehicle into Chobe National Park
Notes: Well in advance bookings are strongly recommended. Rates are subject to change without prior notice should tax be increased or Government levies introduced. Rates include Value Added Tax.
Contact & reservations:
P.O. Box 3127 Windhoek, Namibia
Fax: +264 61 244558
1) you can e-mail us requesting information and/or rates
Reservations are only accepted in writing: by fax or via e-mail.
Final availability confirmation: in writing: by fax or via e-mail.
See also: Location map, Terms & conditions, Payment options and Cancellation policy
Accommodation in the area:
Page created and serviced by
Copyright © 1998-2013 NamibWeb.com - The online guide to Namibia
All rights reserved
Disclaimer: no matter how often this page is updated and its accuracy is checked www.namibweb.com and ETS will not be held responsible for any change in opinion, information, facilities, services, conditions, etc. offered by establishment/operator/service/information provider or any third party
Images, description and logo: Copyright © Nguni Zambezi Voyager Luxury Safari Boat Namibia