HAN Code of Conduct
Hospitality Association of Namibia
Accommodation - B&B Accommodation - Hotels Accommodation - Pensions Budget & Backpackers Lodges & Guest farms Resorts
The Code of Conduct is the common philosophy that underpins the goals of HAN and binds itís members.
Code of Conduct
1. To maintain high standards of courtesy and hospitality and to ensure that
facilities and services are appropriate to the establishment category.
2. To describe fairly to all visitors and prospective visitors, the amenities, facilities and services provided by the establishment, whether by advertisement, brochure, word of mouth or by any other means.
3. To allow each visitor reasonable opportunity to view the accommodation prior to registration.
4. To make clear to visitors exactly what is included in all prices quoted for accommodation, including taxes and any surcharges. Details of charges, if any, for additional services or facilities available, including catering, should also be made clear.
5. To give each visitor, on request, details of payments due and a receipt if required.
6. To adhere to, and not to exceed, prices current at the time of occupation for accommodation or other services, and to advise guests of any alteration in rates prior to registration.
7. To deal promptly and courteously with all enquiries, reservations, correspondence and complaints from visitors.
8. To ensure, within the bounds of legal liability, the safety of guests and their possessions.
9. To ensure that no guest is discriminated against in any manner whatsoever, notwithstanding the operatorís Right of Admission.
10. To promote establishments belonging to HAN by displaying brochures, etc, in your establishment.
11. To discourage payment of commission to establishments other than bona fide tour operators or travel agents.
12. To go through the regional or Executive Committee should you in any way be unhappy about events or circumstances in HAN.
13. To pay all monies owing to HAN within a period of at least 30 days.
14. To, at all times, adhere to the laws of the country, especially those pertaining to the accommodation establishments.
15. To train staff to obtain high standards of professionalism in all HAN establishments.
16. To encourage other establishments as well as business partners to become members of HAN.
17. To assist HAN in promoting Namibia in all respects, including educational tours, which are arranged by Air Namibia or the Ministry of Environment and Tourism or the Namibia Tourism Board from time to time.
Contact & information:
Terms & conditions, Payment options and Cancellation policy
Page created and serviced by
Copyright © 1998-2020 namibweb.com - The online guide to Namibia
All rights reserved | JOIN | VIDEO PORTFOLIO | VIDEO LIBRARY | VIDEO/PHOTO COLLECTION
Page is sponsored by ETS & Exploring Namibia TV
Disclaimer: no matter how often this page is updated and its accuracy is checked www.namibweb.com and ETS
will not be held responsible for any change in opinion, information, facilities, services, conditions, etc. offered by
establishment/operator/service/information provider or any third party